Here comes spring! And here come allergies! Most people who experience allergies start feeling symptoms when the world around them starts blooming. Seasonal allergies develop when the immune system overreacts to something in the environment. If they are not treated, you can feel miserable. Allergies contribute to a runny nose, itchy throat, sneezing, headaches, impaired smell and watery eyes for most people. For those who have allergy triggered asthma, spring can be disastrous. If it is possible, it is best to avoid triggers, but when the season changes you may become a victim.
Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a miracle cure for allergies yet. But, there are several essential oils that can be used to offer some relief from symptoms and offer some help boosting the immune system as well. Here are a few to try to see what will work best for you.
Ways to Use Essential Oils for Allergy Relief
There are a few ways to use oils and blends to relieve the symptoms commonly associated with allergies. You may find that using one particular method works best for you, or you might try to alternate them depending on your lifestyle and schedule. Here are the best options for using EOs:
- Use them in a diffuser
- Place a few drops on a handkerchief or tissue and hold close to the nose to inhale. Repeat every 1 to 2 hours.
- Essential oils can be applied to the temples, or the chest, as long as they are diluted with a carrier oil. If you want to mix an ounce, put about 12 drops of the oil or oils in a once ounce container and fill the bottle with olive oil, sweet almond oil or your favorite choice.
Top 5 Choices of Oils to Help with Allergies
- Eucalyptus essential oil is well known to have anti-inflammatory properties, but it can also be useful for relieving congestion.
- Tea Tree essential oil can possibly bring relief from inflammation and allergies. However, do a skin test first as some people are allergic to it.
- Basil essential oil is beneficial for reducing an inflammatory response to allergens, offers support to the adrenal glands and can help the body detox viruses and bacteria.
- Peppermint essential oil can help open the sinuses and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lemon essential oil and other citrus oils are frequently used to boost energy and alertness. It can also help clear the sinuses and reduce congestion.
Top 5 Blends to Offer Relief for Allergies
Here are some of the top blends to help relieve symptoms of allergies or boost the immune system. Try these or make your own combination.
- Breathin EZ essential oil is a combination of eucalyptus, lemon, peppermint and rosemary. It can help you breathe easier and relieve some stuffiness and congestion.
- Immu-Plus Blend contains lemon, clove, eucalyptus, rosemary, frankincense and oregano. This blend is designed to help boost your immune system, so it can fight off allergic reactions easier.
- Blend these together to help open the sinuses and help with sinus headaches:10 drops of peppermint, 10 drops of lavender and 10 drops of lemon oils.
- Try this useful blend in a diffuser to kill airborne allergens and help the sinuses: 10 drops of tea tree, 10 drops of lavender and 10 drops of lemon oils.
- When tree and grass allergies are making your miserable, try this blend for relief. (Do not use around small children or pregnant women.) 10 drops of basil, 10 drops of eucalyptus and 10 drops of peppermint oils.
Shop Our Store For Essential Oils @ https://renewedhealthoils.com/
Read more about essential oils @ https://renewedhealthoils.com/blogs/stories